We are holding our 1st birthday party on Saturday 1st February to celebrate a year of hard work and to give the sewists of the South West (and beyond) a chance to meet up, talk about our favourite hobby, stroke some lovely fabrics and show off our handmade finery.
What is happening on the day?
- Drinks and nibbles
- An alterations challenge
- A big prize raffle in aid of Headway Bristol (full details below)
- Discounts and special offers
- A pattern swap
The shop will be open from 10am until 5pm.
The alterations challenge will take place from 11:00am until 1:00pm.
The raffle will be drawn at 3pm.
Feel free to pop in for a bit or stay all day!
How do I get there?
Check out our Visit Us page for more info
What if I don’t know anyone?
Come and make friends! Sewists are generally a very friendly bunch so come along and make some new friends with lots in common. We find fabric stroking to be a good ice breaker! There will be lots of people coming on their own, and all of our staff are super friendly so don’t feel shy!
Do I need to register?
There is no need to register but we would appreciate it if you could let us know on our Facebook event if you plan on coming so that we have an idea of how many to cater for!
Can I take part in the alterations challenge?
Yes! We will have teams of two taking part. It will be a fairly informal but fun challenge with a prize for the winning team. You and your partner will have two hours to alter a garment to a brief that will be provided on the day.
To register to take part, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with Alterations Challenge in the subject heading.
What’s the deal with the raffle?
- A sewing themed notebook and label set from Pink Coat Club.
- A printed sewing pattern of your choice from Nina Lee.
- A sewing magazine and pattern bundle from Simply Sewing Magazine.
- An online sewing workshop and digital sewing pattern from Tilly and the Buttons.
- An iron on vinyl bundle from Happy Fabric.
- A set of Sewcialist pattern weights and a set of Kylie and the Machine Labels from Like Sew Amazing.
A massive thank you to the amazing businesses who have donated these prizes! All proceeds from the raffle will go to Headway Bristol.
We can’t wait to see you!